A Message of How Emergent Safety Has Prioritized Customer and Associate Safety with COVID-19
There is no doubt that we are truly in the midst of uncharted waters. COVID-19 has taken the world by storm and we are all doing our best to navigate the ship. During this time we want you to know we are here for you. You are not alone. Our office remains open to supply our customers and we continue to do our best to source highly sought-after products.
On March 21, 2020 the State of Illinois, under the guidance of Governor Pritzer, issued Executive Order 2020-10 requiring residents to “shelter at home” through April 7, 2020. During this time, exemptions are made for companies and their employees falling into these “essential” industries:
Manufacture, distribution, and supply chain for critical products and industries: Manufacturing companies, distributors, and supply chain companies producing and supplying essential products and services in and for industries such as pharmaceutical, technology, biotechnology, healthcare, chemicals and sanitization, waste pickup and disposal, agriculture, food and beverage, transportation, energy, steel and steel products, petroleum and fuel, mining, construction, national defense, communications, as well as products used by other Essential Businesses and Operations.
Our findings suggest that this list is consistent with Homeland Security for “essential” industries in order to maintain food and agriculture, electric energy, communications, transportation and logistics, public works, and critical supply chains throughout the nation.
As an employer, we are doing everything we can to protect our employees. Therefore, we will only be taking orders over the phone, via our website, or through email. No in person or on-site meetings will be held unless the situation specifically warrants such a need. If you are a local customer and prefer a pick up, please call ahead so that we can make arrangements.
Customers directly battling against COVID-19, whether in the healthcare or manufacturing industries, are encouraged to call and speak directly to a company executive. We honor Defense Production Act priority codes and will do our best to fulfill your order.
Lastly, if your company is scaling down operations and need to temporarily reduce shipments, please contact us as soon as possible.
Emergent Safety’s Procedures and Processes to Help Contain Coronavirus
- Emergent encourages our customers to have a secondary backup product approved for all primary products. This is especially important now that the industry is experiencing supply chain disruptions. When a secondary product is approved it allows Emergent to act quickly in securing alternative products.
- Emergent staff members are crossed trained on all functions. This allows increased flexibility in moving staff members around in emergency situations.
- We require sick employees to stay home.
- We emphasize hand hygiene by all employees.
- We have increased cleaning, especially items that are frequently touched including workstations, knobs, and countertops.
- All employees have remote access to carry on work from home with warehouse functions being shared by all.
- We continue to educate and discuss evolving virus trends and supply chain challenges.